Thursday, December 06, 2007 | Author: Ivan Juntian
Something set me thinking for a moment.

Hawy, Jinx and I were sitting at the pavilion near my house. We were approached by a stranger and he started taking his seat and chat. He talked about his life, how difficult was he living in Singapore, how difficult is it for him to find a job...

He even said that he wanted to commit suicide a number of times but was eventually alive again. I can't believe my ears when i heard him saying he wanted to witness his suicidal mission. A shiver was really casted down my spine at that moment of time.

That person eventually went up saying, "I think I'm confident to do it now." "IF" i were to eye witness that scene, my nightmares would never ever end for years. God gave everyone of us a life, we have one life, live it.

Every path of survival is carved out by our own hands. Fate cannot bring you anywhere for sure. If you just choose to end your life like that, is it fair to the people around you? Is it even fair to God who gave you a chance to be on planet earth?

Some beings didn't have the chance to live past their twenties or even their tens. If you can live through your thirties, why is it that you do not cherish your lives like what others do?

This taught me a real hard lesson. I learnt how precious was life at the same time, what life is going to bring us in the near future. I learnt how difficult life was going to be in Singapore in the near future. The high standard of living, the competition for jobs, everything...

I will work hard to carve out my path of survival.
|
This entry was posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.